The first genereal meeting of the AVPA was held Saturday, November 24th at the Toad 'n' Turtle Pub in Red Deer. From Edmonton, Michael J, Michael B, Miriam R and Robin S were present, and from Calgary, Caleb B, Kirstin B, Brendon S, Tanya S and Nick L. Amongst all the lollygagging and merrymaking, plans for the future of the association were discussed and are summarized below:
- We will form a master e-mail list for all those wishing to be involved in the association.
- We are looking for alternate suggestions to the motto 'It's Never Too Dead'
- We are aiming to hold another meeting in a similar informal pub type settting in the new year, with a focus on discussing our current research. The aim is to have more of a dialogue about our work, rather than a monologue.
- We hope to include professors and researchers from the Tyrrell Museum, if interested.
- We hope to have field trips on weekends whenever possible, probably in Dry Island as it is central to Edmonton and Calgary.
- We hope to hold workshops at both universities and the Tyrrell on subjects yet to be determined.
- We hope to get together for dinner after the APS and UAPS symposia.
- We hope to start a blog on which everyone may post ideas, opinions and suggestions. (Check!)
If you wish to post on this blog, let me (Kirstin) know and I will add you as a contributor. If you have any suggestions on the appearance of the blog, post!